Monday, June 27, 2011

Italy 1: Naples and Sorrento

My first day in Italy was short. Lord and Lady Lambert collected me at the airport and drove me to Naples through the beautiful countryside. They fed me delicious treats from America.

The next day I woke up late and G. and I headed out to Sorrento.

The entryway of the Lambert abode.

Mount Vesuvius from the highway!

The fastest trip to Pompeii!
G: "YGirl! Look through those trees! That's Pompeii!"
YGirl: "Oh! Nice! I like that sidewalk!"
G: "Where's the highway?"


View from a look out.

La Fruitallina

G. with the camera that now lives with a Roman taxi driver. Whoopsie!

View from the drive.


Deliciously lemony Sorrento!

The site of YGirl's first Italian espresso!


Lunch. Green mini-gnocchi with smoked salmon sauce. YUMMY!
So civilized. The waiters waited on us hand and foot. So sweet!


Lemon fantasies outside the lemon grove.

Lemon grove in the middle of town.

We sampled limoncello in the garden. I brought some back with me.
Scrumptious! 

Islands!

Santa Maria of the Snow.


Real Neapolitan pizza!

Lord and Lady L in their tall, tall kitchen.

MY PRECIOUS!
Mozzarella di bufala and baby tomatoes. Why does everything taste so good in Italy?

No comments: