Thursday, March 15, 2012

England - Exploring London

In late September I went to the UK for my cousin's wedding. My parents arrived only about 12 hours before me from Seattle. I took EasyJet from Ben Gurion Airport to London Luton. It was a traumatic experience because the Israeli mentality doesn't really match up with the EasyJet system (no seat numbers and first-come first-served EVERYTHING). In any case, after a sweet goodbye from D, I set off on my adventure.

I landed at Luton in the evening and had to find my way through the airport to the strangely unmarked bus that took me to the Luton Airport Train Station. It was an awful train station with no schedules, announcements or staff. However, I met a helpful couple that let me use their phone to call my father. We arranged to meet at St. Pancras Station.

After a slow train ride and some very assertive crowd management maneuvers I was in the cold London air, searching for my father. Upon meeting up, we frantically moved the car to avoid a parking ticket and were on our way to the Dunstans' home in Acton.

They fed me and I collapsed into bed.

The next day we explored London.

My lovely mother in the London sunshine.

Ema and Abba navigating and driving in London.

You see this face? This is why it happened:

I never thought that chai lattes would be such a big deal to me.
I was also shocked by the kind, polite, swift and efficient service.

Really English buildings.

The Thames!

Quaint buildings!

No comments: