Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Purim 2011 - An Extravaganza!




Purim is an awesome holiday - it's usually described as the Jewish Halloween/Mardi Gras.
It is so much more than that, but needless to say, the Israelis flipping LOVE this holiday.

I dressed up as a doll and E. dressed up "gangsta". We looked awesome!



E. was a little terrified of my doll face:



My shoes with bows:



Our lovely, boa-bedecked friend M.



Marvelous D. the feathery, sparkly fairy godmother: 



People dressed up on the bus to Tel Aviv:



Fuzzy roomie photo:



A dancing protest in the square:



Some of my lovely friends:



The street party in Florintin:







It was amazing! Dancing, drinking, partying in the streets!

We went to Mike's Place (the American bar) and hung out for a while. 
I did the thriller dance with a random fellow:


And then dashed off to the school party. It was pretty awful and I was too tired to deal with it in a wise manner. I snapped and flagged down a taxi to take me from Tel Aviv to Herzliya. I didn't even argue about the price. "Just take me home!"

The next day, I went to school for a megillah reading and lunch. Over all, it was a good holiday!

No comments: