Sunday, September 26, 2010

Israel!

I arrived this afternoon in Israel after a long journey. I managed to get good seats on both flights, but only got two hours of sleep total. The food was, as usual, atrocious, but I was saved by the sandwiches and snacks that my marvelous Ema packed. Everyone else was tucking into reheated soggy chicken with non-dairy cream sauce,    I was chowing down on pastrami sandwiches. L'Chayim to Ema!

Speaking of L'Chayim, I bought myself and my uncle a bottle of Johnnie Walker, each. I'm not going to share with Tzvika! I want my own.

We had dinner at the Feldmans and now I am back at the apartment, enjoying the view.





As a side note, when I got on the plane yesterday I was filled with excitement and anticipation. I talked to the fellow sitting next to me, I made friends with the children on the plane, and felt ready for an adventure.

Afterall:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you bunches already. Just after Jonathan confirmed that you had arrived safely in Israel, and told me as much, I looked out the window and saw a car similar to yours and wondered if you were stopping in. It's starting to sink in.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, I am looking forward to reading all about it!