Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Ikea I went!

Today I went to Ikea to pick up some things for the apartment.
We've moved in, but have almost no furniture and no decorations. Horror!

However, I required sustenance before entering the battlefield known as Ikea. So I went for sushi.



I have missed sushi so much! It's everywhere in Israel, but I am wary of raw fish and Israeli health code regulations. I had heard some good things about Japanika so I went to the one next to Ikea.

I had the business lunch - three rolls, a drink and an eggroll.





The sushi was... Okay. The waiter suggested another place, in Tel Aviv, that is much better. Let's put it this way, if I went to this place in Seattle, I wouldn't choose to go back because there are better and cheaper places around.

I was most excited about the pink pickled ginger.


Then I went to Ikea to battle the other Americans for the best stuff buy some housewares.


Afterwards, I collapsed into a taxi, stumbled to the train, tottered over to another taxi and grumbled up the stairs to my apartment.


Here I am with my stash of Ikea goodies.

Then I broken my overheard light (not really, but I'm not going to try to fix electric stuff) while trying to attach the new awesome shade.

Whew!

Tomorrow I have to buy vegetables and go to class. Friday is cooking day!

Wish me luck!

No comments: