Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yaffo!

The day after Halloween, I went to Yaffo (Jaffa) with J. and E.
I had heard about a restaurant there that specializes in Shakshuka called Doctor Shakshuka. I had also heard that Yaffo is a very lovely and interesting place, complete with a history of Jew, Christians and Muslims living together simultaneously. We walked to Yaffo from J.'s place and took the bus back. I dutifully recorded the events with photographs.



Yes. Finally! A denim store called SEXSO.


J. and E. with the mirror store.





Happy J. and his Shakshuka with chicken.


Very happy YGirl with her Shakshuka (E. declined to be photographed).


The outdoor portion of the restaurant. The inside has copper pots hanging from the ceiling!










We needed some sweet sustenance after our protein-filled breakfast extravaganza, so we went to a baklava store.





This is next to the Tel Aviv central bus station.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of all the baklava! It is making me seriously hungry. I don't suppose you could bring that back to the states when you come home next = )

YGirl said...

I would love to bring you some baklava! There are so many goodies to be had here!