Wednesday, November 3, 2010

To the North We Go! For shoesies!

As many of you know, I have a severe attachment to shoes. I love them. And Israel loves shoes too! Someday soon I will do a post about Israeli shoe stores, but in the mean time, I will show you the pictures that I took going up to Ne'ot Mordechai.

Ne'ot Mordechai is a kibbutz that makes Naot shoes, some of the most comfortable shoes in the world. I went there with my mother, brother, E., aunt, uncle and cousin.

The drive is beautiful, going up through the Ara Valley, past Afula, Mount Megiddo (site of Armeggedon!), Mount Tabor (the mountain mentioned in the Book of Judges - Deborah), and along the high hills ("mountains" to Israelis) around the Kinneret.







After declaring footwear victory, we went to one of the best restaurants in Israel (in my opinion), Younis. It is an Arab restaurant, and for my main course I got on of the greatest dishes in Palestinian cuisine, Sania. 

It is a lamb patty cooked in tehina. It was, literally, one of the very best things I have ever eaten.



No comments: