Saturday, November 27, 2010

A rousing success!

Thanksgiving Shabbat dinner was marvelous. The food was good, the company was great, and everyone had fun!

I made:
-Two Roasted Chickens with Garlic, Lemon and Za'atar
-Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Ginger and Raisins
-Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad
-Green Salad with Mint, Cranberries and Shaved Carrots
-Sweet Noodles Kugel with Apple and Cranberries
-Apparently Awesome Cornbread
- Baked Apples with Raisins

Friends brought:
- Turkey
-Desserts
-Teriyaki Green Beans (Thank you, J!)
-Spicy Beet Salad (Thank you, Steven!)
-Lots of wine!

Here are pictures of the table:




Thank you to:
- the lovely E. who resets the fuses when the oven blows the circuit
- sweet J who is our favorite overnight guest
- gorgeous Amy, vegetarian bearer of the Turkey
- Steven, who didn't have his usual potluck Shabbat dinner so that he could be at our dinner. He also washed all the dishes!
- the sassy Melissa, new shuk shopping buddy
- my new friend David (who has read my blog, bless him), the international man
- Noam - the most capable fellow I have ever met. I can't wait to cook with him.
- the delightful Elina. A most welcome addition to our friend group!


And so, I think it would be fair to say that I am grateful and thankful for a new home (for the year), new friends, a wonderful family (that I miss so much) and lots and lots of leftovers!

Now I am going to make chicken soup with the leftovers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you would pull it off! I am thankful to hear you are doing so well and enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I am sad I wont be there to eat your chicken soup.

Loraine said...

Sounds wonderful!