Sunday, November 21, 2010

Todah Rabah!

Thank you very much!




It's Thanksgiving Week! I have never actually been all that into Thanksgiving. My family didn't celebrate it and I usually spent it with friends or at boyfriends' families. It's just not my thing.

Until now.

I have caught the Thanksgiving virus! I am planning a Thanksgiving Shabbat dinner because I have class until 9:00 on Thursdays. Here is the menu that I am thinking of:

Israeli Accented Thanksgiving:
-Roasted "Tiny Turkey" (Chicken) with za'atar
-Green Beans with sesame seeds
-Warm Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad (with a tehina dressing)
-Green salad with dried cranberries
-Cornbread muffins (If I am feeling particularly energetic)
-Sweet Potato Pie

I was considering adding Rochie's famous Carrot Kugel.

Now, I have to explain the problem with celebrating Thanksgiving in Israel:
-No Pumpkin
-Very expensive turkey (have you ever paid $60 for a turkey? Didn't think so)
-No fresh, canned or frozen cranberries - only dried ones

I was going to make "pumpkin" challah (with squash), but I just don't have the time or the energy. Or a blended/food processor.

It's all good! It's going to be fun!

No comments: